Dear ESONET partners and colleagues,
We inform you that the next yearly ESONET meeting will take place the week of 13-16 december 2010 in Marseille, France.
The event will take place in and near the "Pharo Palace" http://palaisdupharo.marseille.fr/pharo/ close to the famous "Vieux Port".
This meeting week will include:
- a Sciences workshop, managed by H. Ruhl
- a Best practices Workshop # 3 (BPW on the attached file), managed by C. Waldmann and JF Rolin
- the General Assembly meeting including a Communication and ESONET Demonstration Missions exhibition show, managed by us
- a VISO workshop, managed by B. Ferré and J. Mienert
- a joint meeting with EMSO PP project to deliver the ESONET Label to EMSO, discuss the ESONET-EMSO status and the next steps, managed by us and EMSO coordination team.
A social event will take place the day 3, the 15th of Dec. 2010
Registration is closed.
List of registered people (update 10/12/07)
3 high standing hotels are very close to the Pharo palace:
"Vieux port NOVOTEL hotel " very close to the palace. We negotiated 20 rooms at special rate 135€ + 14,30 € for breakfast until the 20th of November. Please use the and send it back to the Novotel hotel.
"Radisson Blu Hotel Vieux port": 180€ pp. Please use the and send it back to the Radisson Blu hotel.
Other hotels can be found on :
and in the attachedlist.
There is one airport in Marseille but with 2 "stations": the normal one (Marseille Provence airport, mp) and the lowcost one (Marseille Provence 2, mp2)
The low cost one is used by ryanair, easyjet etc...
The TGV is coming from Paris in 3h30
Not recommended: a lot of traffic and expensive car park!
The easiest access to Pharo is to enter Marseille by the "Prado Carenage tunnel".
Metropolitan and bus
there are 2 metro lines, one with an exit on the " ", then you need to walk 10 minutes. Download the .